Dr. Dawn Querstret (PhD, CPsychol)
I am a Health Psychologist, cognitive behavioural coach, and behaviour change specialist. I have had a varied career working across many sectors and I have enjoyed working with people from all walks of life and in many different settings, including the National Health Service (NHS). I am passionate about helping people to develop skills so that they can help themselves and achieve their goals.
One of my areas of expertise is helping clients to change their health behaviours. I know how difficult it can be to make changes in diet and/or exercise, to lose weight and maintain weight loss, to stop smoking, or to reduce alcohol consumption. As a Health Psychologist, I work with clients to help them understand their readiness for change and I bring specialist knowledge about effective behaviour change models we can work with together. Establishing and embedding new health behaviours helps my clients to achieve lasting lifestyle change.
I also help clients who have long-term health conditions to 'live well' with their conditions. I have a special interest in working with women who are living with hormonal health conditions (e.g., Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome [PCOS], endometriosis); and I also am committed to working with women experiencing perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms with the ultimate ambition of helping them to thrive instead of just survive.
My other area of expertise lies in helping clients to perform well at work and to manage their wellbeing effectively outside of work. I have worked across many industry sectors and have published extensively about workplace wellbeing, always with a view to understanding how people can help themselves to 'be well and perform well at work'. I work with a range of clients from many different organisational settings and across all industry sectors.
Everything I do is underpinned by research evidence and I am committed to continued professional development. I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Health Psychologist and with the British Psychological Society (BPS) as a Chartered Health Psychologist. I am a member of the Special Group in Coaching Psychology in the BPS, and of the International Society for Coaching Psychology.
- Diploma in Coaching Psychology - Centre for Coaching (2020)
- PhD Psychology with PG Certificate in Health Psychology Practice - University of Surrey (2014)
- MSc Health Psychology - University of Surrey (2011)
- BSc Psychology (Hons) - Birkbeck College, University of London (2010)
- Practitioner Health Psychologist; Health and Care Professions Council (registration no.: PYL32313)
- Chartered Health Psychologist; British Psychological Society (membership no.: 262081)
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (recognition ref.: PR137262)
- Member; International Society for Coaching Psychology
- Member; Special Group in Coaching Psychology (British Psychological Society)